In these next pages, you will read about current events in the life and development of major service providers in the Chinese construction industry.
The first part of the report covers the market size and value of the construction industry as well as the overview of the construction machinery and equipment in China.
Part two of the report presents the trends and outlook of the industry which include the constructions of roads, highways, roads in rural areas, social housing and railway.
Five construction companies are discussed in the third part of the report. SWOT analysis, operational highlights, latest financial results and quick facts of each leading company are also included in this section.
• China is stepping up efforts of its social housing program to build 36 million affordable and subsidized apartments between 2011 and 2015. Projects comprising seven million subsidized apartments are expected to begin construction while five million units will be completed by the end of 2012.
• Investments in road construction under the 12th Five-Year Plan is expected to reach RMB5 trillion, 22.7% higher than investments made in the 11th Five-Year Plan. Planned investments for constructions of highways and roads in rural areas are RMB3 trillion and RMB1.4 trillion, respectively.
• In 2011, demand for construction machinery and equipment dropped in China as the government took steps to contain inflation and to tighten economic policies in 2011. Market of construction machinery and equipment remain soft this year as a result of reduced infrastructure investment and residential construction.
• Total length of railway was 95,234 kilometers by the end of 2011. China is expected to spend more than RMB 2 trillion on railway infrastructure construction during the 12th Five-Year Plan period.
Table of Contents
1. Industry Profile
1.1 Market Size and Value
1.2 Construction Machinery and Equipment
2. Market Trends and Outlook
2.1 Roads and Highways
2.2 Roads in Rural Areas
2.3 Social Housing
3. Leading Players
3.1 China State Construction Corporation Limited
3.2 China Railway Construction Limited
3.3 China Railway Group Limited
3.4 China Communications Construction Company Limited
3.5 Metallurgical Corporation of China Limited
4. Tables and Charts
Chart 1: GDP of Construction Industry
Chart 2: Gross Output Value of Construction Sector
Chart 3: Value of Building Completed by Purpose 2011 (RMB Billion)
Chart 4: Total Area Completed for Building Construction
Chart 5: Value of New Contracts of Construction Industry
Chart 6: Imports of Digging and Excavating Machines
Chart 7: Imports of Bulldozer
Chart 8: Year to Date Fixed Asset Investment on Highway
Chart 9: Imports of Road Roller
Chart 10: Urban Population in China
Chart 11: Area of Completion for Residential Construction
Chart 12: Real Estate Climate Index
Chart 13: Length of Railway
Release Date: Fri, 18 May 2012